Wash Day - The Salon Edition


The weekend of distressing news

Saturday: After a progress picture (even though I told myself I would only do it every two months I couldn't resist) I came to the sad conclusion that my ends had to go. :( :(

I went of to the salon for a wash, deep condition and trim. I am now at nape length hair. *sad violin music, wailing and teeth nashing*

Looks Healthier...so that's good I guess

Part of me knows this is for the best. Better to get rid of all those split ends now than wait for it to get worse buuuut....

all the competitive type-A part of me is thinking about is the major setback in my length journey. This is the shortest my hair has been in a long time!!

I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out a game plan.


Sunday: I have come to the conclusion that I don't have a hair growth rate problem...I have a retention problem aka super fine ends.

I did a porosity test (next post) and concluded that I have low porosity hair. 

What does that mean? According to the mountain of googling I've done, it means that it's hard for moisture to get into the strand (bad news) but it's also hard for it to leave (good news).

My hair reacted well to last weeks post-wash treatment so I'm going to stick to that.

It was:

1. Wrap washed hair in a towel while I got the myself ready for the day (face, body etc)

2. Use Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-in on damp (damp not wet) hair and seal with almond oil. It felt weird doing it because my hair was wet already but I concentrated on the ends.

3. Use Shea Butter to double seal in the moisture. I concentrated mostly on my roots with this one. (Turns out that was good because fine ends and heavy butter do not mix well)

4. Blow dry with cool air/low heat until mostly dry. Mix of finger detangle and wide tooth combing to get to the trouble spots.

I will also be bagging (also to be explained in following posts) every other day.

Wish me Luck!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb