Product Review : Dove Advanced Series Oxygen Moisture Leave-in

When people say "It's what they do that counts" They were talking about this product.



I run out of my go-to moisturizer, the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-in Cream two weeks ago. I really wanted to continue using it because it's relatively cheap at about $8. My hair, however, has not been impressed with it this weave cycle. I was starting to use more and more product and my newly texlaxed hair just wasn't having it. So I went shopping at my local CVS for a good alternative.

I bought the Dove Oxygen Moisture Leave-in after careful deliberation of the small sample at CVS. Ok, I lied. I chose it because the packaging was pretty and slick and it had castor oil as the second ingredient...Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil.

Little did I know that Whatsit Castor Oil isn't really castor oil but a derivative of castor oil and it's primary job? Is to boost foam production. So basically it makes the product come out all nice and frothy.

Ingredient Fail
Then to add insult to injury, it doesn't moisturize for very long. Two maybe three hours tops and my hair is back to being the straw like mess it is currently. Also it makes my hands rather sticky which takes away from the joy/ease of passing the foam through your hair.
Actually let me correct that. This product does exactly what it says it does. "It delicately moisturizes hair and creates a light, flexible hold to keep your style all day long." All very true, just not what I need for my hair.
So this basically only works if you've got nicely blow dried hair, smooth this in, go out for three hours and come back home.
Pros: Cheap. About $6 at CVS
Actually does what the description says it does
Very light hold and if you like foam...foams nicely
Cons: Hair doesn't stay moisturized for long (and I sealed it with castor oil!)
Sticky feeling on hands afterwards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb