Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Ok. Before I start, I just want to say...I was the biggest skeptic about hair growth vitamins. I tried biotin for a couple of months and the only things that grew were my nails and my cystic acne (which at my age is not pretty). So I don't expect much from vitamins that claim to "grow hair fast".
Until Manetabolism.
What is it? How did you find it?


I was innocently browsing the instagram when I came across @themainchoice and their manetabolism hair challenge. I almost laughed it off but then I realized women were posting 2 week progress pictures with noticeable growth differences!!! Really noticeable. Unbelievably noticeable.
I was skeptical (we live in the age of Photoshop) but hopeful. I wanted to see if it was true. So I bought a bottle.

What does it look like? Taste like? How do I take them?
The pills are capsules so taste kinda rubbery. They're not too big but I do need a full glass of water to feel as if I've swallowed them properly. Recommended dose is two daily. I take them after dinner.
What's in it?
Biotin. A lot! But also some vitamin B compounds, zinc, vitamin E and A & C and a whole bunch of other things purported to grow hair. (MSM, Shark fin, eye of newt(jk eye of newt helps with circulation)).
They did a good job making sure that it contains some vitamins that are beneficial to you anyway so I'm comfortable using this as a replacement for my multivites.
I like that the high dose of biotin comes with a high enough dose of zinc and MSM which are supposed to help with absorption and prevent breakouts. I still drink a lot of water to help flush out the extra (you should be doing that anyway)...but it makes you pee A LOT! So be warned.
 

Click to zoom in
 I haven't experienced a rush of acne with this vitamin which is good.
Does it do what it says?
The first two weeks I thought I saw some growth but I was also 12-14 weeks post so I wasn't sure. My nails grew amazingly fast though and I was soon scratching myself. Long nails are so inconvenient.
So I got my hair relaxed and took a flurry of shots. Front/fringe, front sides and back sides. Then I continued to take those pills. I won't do a completely accurate comparison shot (coz I now have what looks like 4 weeks of new growth!! ) until the next relaxer.
I started noticing that I didn't need pins to hold up my bantu knots. And it was taking a little longer to comb out the tangles in my hair. It really hit me when I took this comparison picture.
Excuse the busted look on the left. My front facing camera hates me
So. Yeah. This stuff works! Its pretty scary how well it seems to work. My hair grows at a pretty healthy rate; maybe 2 inches over a twelve week stretch so to see that amount of growth!!!**
I've ordered two more bottles. Fingers crossed that it works again.




**for full disclosure... I also did the inversion method for may. That usually gets me an extra 0.5 inches of growth though. For June I will not do inversion and compare the growth results.


Comments

  1. Hello, just wanted to tell you, I loved this article.
    It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb