Hair Confession

Hi, My name is bcook and I'm 6 weeks post.

I have a confession:

My enthusiasm has plateaued. I no longer have the patience to moisturize and seal in sections.

My undergrowth and the dryness that follows are leaving me weary.

My hair doesn't like protein. *sob*

Protein Dislike
This is a problem for me because I have very very fine hair. I was hoping occasional blasts of protein would lead to a tougher, thicker strand. What I'm beginning to realise is that if I use my mild shea moisture boabab shampoo twice in a row...my hair protests with massive shedding.
The minute I blast it with moisturising shampoo and heaving M&S sessions, it calms down.

Plateau

I think (I hope) this is normal. I'm not a very patient person so the rate of hair growth is wearing. I am seeing progress. Exciting progress. But I was hoping for shoulder length hair by now.
I know I know I know! I was obviously expecting too much. I started in May 2013 it's now August 2013. That's just 4 months. The fact that I went from hair that was splitting, dry and breaking to relatively health hair, with few split ends and a lower rate of breakage; The fact that I had to cut my hair to the middle of my neck and two and a half months later it's kissing my back. Those are the things I should be proud of.

That's why i'm looking for women who're in the same boat that I am. It's good to go to websites like justgrowalready and blackgirllonghair for inspiration and the knowledge that that is possible. But their hair is sooo long! and it's discouraging too to go through their logs and see the YEARS it took to get to where they are.

Undergrowth

My new growth is a thirsty thirsty thicket of curls. It soaks up my moisturizer and then asks for more.
The Komazi moisturiser was really good but I'm almost out! (I bought the 2oz bottle as a sampler) and it's pretty pricey too. But it seems to be the only thing that keeps the little prettys happy for longer than a day.

So i'm going to have to fork over the mulah. :(

I'm also considering those darcy's botanicals brand products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb