This Max Hydration Method Thing

@maxhydrationmethod.blogspot.com

 

Now that I've fully committed to this natural thing I want to go all the way. Get my hair into the best shape it can be...no matter how strange or multi-stepped the process might be (doesn't mean I won't try and make it simple coz I'm lazy).

My forays into natural-land keep leading me to the max hydration method which is supposed to feed moisture to your curls (especially 4c) to get them to the maximum level of moisture they can get (hence the name).  We all know well moisturized hair is easier to detangle, style etc so this can only be a good thing. Adding in the satisfaction for 4c hair owners to finally see some "pop" in our often mangled curls means results for max hydration has been well documented.

So I won't add to the noise. What I am curious about are things that are rarely mentioned. How to tweak the formulas, how to apply the damn clay wash and how to slot it into your wash day routine so it doesn't become a chore you can't dedicate yourself to.



Now I'd say my hair is about 65-70% moisturized and I achieved it through a simple routine. (The 4b curls at my nape are plenty defined and clump nicely...the dry 4c at my crown not so much.)

A recap of my current routine: Deep condition on dry hair with Hairveda Sitrinella for 30 mins. Detangle. Wash with liquid black soap. Condition with Aussie moist 3 minute miracle moist.

A nice, non fussy routine that I'd like to keep. As a result, my questions re: Max Hydration are

1. How can I incorporate the max hydration stuff into my routine?
2. How do I keep from making a huge mess with the clay wash and not clog my drains?
3. Do I really need this damn cherry lola method coz I'm low porosity?
4. Which part of the max hydration method works best on my hair and which should I chuck?

I've decided to go about this in a semi scientific way.

Next wash day I'm going to do a baking soda cleanse before I deep condition my hair. The week after I will try the mud wash. The reason why I'm putting it on before the deep condition is they're both supposed to cleanse the hair, which means my conditioner should penetrate deeper.

Wish me luck


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb