Warning! Warning!! This May Contain Protein.


You know how I was raving about cantu my last post? Well...*smacks lips* lemmi tell you... I was using it every week thinking it was cool because it only had wheat protein and it was like number 14 on the ingredients list.

Then I retouched (aka relaxed) my hair and my strands were hella dry! Like surprisingly dry. Like individual pieces of straw dry...and I was confused and a little scared.




So I went back to my miracle leave-in and realized I'd stopped reading after I saw the first wheat protein (all those long chemical names made me tired). Not only is there hydrolyzed wheat protein, there's silk amino acids and another kind of hydrolyzed wheat protein!!

Because there were moisturizing components as well, I hadn't realised that I was slowly proteinising (yes, my word...lemmi have this) my protein sensitive hair.

So now I have to re-moisturize and I've run into a dilemma. Every leave-in I found has some form of protein in it. EVERY ONE!!! How is that possible?! Not only that..but every type of shampoo I currently have...has some type of protein in it. EVERY ONE!!!




So I went on a google mission and finally found one person pochantas hair secrets who went through a protein overload crisis and found conditioners that are 100% protein free.



So I bought one (Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose) and I'm looking forward to the moisture joy infusion that my hair is going to get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb