My first texlax

Its 2014 and my stretch has ended!!!



I'm so happy.  The last two weeks have been especially stressful because of breakage and thick new growth.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm thrilled at the evidence of my hair to shoot like weeds out of my scalp. It only strengthens my resolve to protect it fiercely and keep it from falling off.

Buuuut, detangling was a chore. Made for natural I am not.

So I got relaxed this weekend and did my first texlax. My stylist uses mizani on my hair.  I've read about people using relaxer made for kids so that its not too harsh.
I think either works its just based on how long you keep it in right?



Results: is my hair as flat on my head as after a bone straight relaxer? No. Did I get the promise of curl that you see on youtube videos? Nope. Am I disappointed? Yes kinda.

I have to be realistic.  I have 4b/c hair. Loose curly curls are not in my future. I should be happy that its healthy and retained much of the length growth...and I am...mostly.

Are you 4c? How did you come to accept what your hair will and will not do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb