New Growth!

I'm in my 12th week post relaxer!!



Yup. That means there's 3 months worth of new growth on my head.

This is the first time I've paid a lot of attention to it. So I'm quite proud of myself.



Usually at this time, my new growth is dry and hard to comb; I'm starting to thinking longingly of relaxer and the amount of hair on my bathroom floor is approaching the size of a small dog.

This time around, my new growth is (relatively) moist, pretty easy to comb and even though I am thinking longingly of relaxer it's because I'm anxious to see if my hair has grown or not!!!

I read a review of this Komaza Care moisturizer spray for new growth on the JustGrowAlready and it sounded really promising. So I bought the 2oz bottle and have been using it for a week now. It's really helped! It's a little weird because it's white and comes doesn't come out as a "spray" it's more as a "stream". Since growth is showing signs of low porosity, I have white liquid just sitting on my hair. WHA?

But so moisturized!! So I guess I should be happy. I give it 3/5. 




On the shed/broken hair... I'm disappointed to report that here is breakage still. I do panicked inspections of my ends but see none that are split. Yet there are tiny pieces that fall off and snap apart really quickly.

*glum*

My hair is lighter at the ends too which usually indicates some sort of splitting. I will be strong though! I'm going to relax my hair on Friday and I'll wait a bit before I trim it just to see if there is a need to.

UPDATE: Just relaxed and had to do a tiny tiny trim. I'm happy with the rate of growth.
I'll post up a comparison in the progress page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb