Accidental Natural

I've been MIA for almost a year it looks like. Life picked me up and body slammed me into 2016 so I'm just recovering.  During that time it appears my hair decided to low key transition to natural hair. How did this happen? Well mainly 2 things

1. I don't trust anybody else apart from my former stylist (several states away) to understand this texlaxing thing. and

2. I dont trust myself to relax my own hair. Coz I don't have the patience but I'm also a perfectionist and I know the back of my hair will get no love so .... yeah

Here I am...12 MONTHS post relaxer.




It hasn't been that bad surprisingly! I have to wash in sections and it gets dry very very easily and detangling is a b/£÷&% but other than that...

Week 24. The curls are showing

I've got a nice poof going. Now if I could just figure out how to style it better. 


The worst thing about my new curls is the shrinkage. The best thing (and I say this reluctantly) is the shrinkage. Only because it makes me happy to straighten. 

 I mean...look at that length. Armpit length has come and is going. I fully expect bra strap by December. It only took 3 years. *side eyeing everybody who did it in less.*

What are you doing with your hair in 2016? I'll be here...low key transitioning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb