Product Review : Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose deep Conditioner

I got this product because it was recommended as a good moisturizing only deep conditioner. I needed that after I found out that I'd put too much protein in my hair.






Now I can't pronounce a lot of the ingredient names and I'm not a big ingredient person. I just checked that it didn't have any proteins in it (it doesn't) and started using it. It seems to have lots of oils and natural extracts but they are lower on the ingredient list. Usually the first 5 ingredients are the most abundant in the product. 


Ingredients:
Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol (From Coconut), Alcohol Denat. (38B, Lavender), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Fragrance‡‡, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Glycerin, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) Seed Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Nut Oil*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calendula Officinalis Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract*, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Chrysanthemum Sinense Flower Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Flower Extract, Magnolia Biondii Bud/Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract


First Impressions:

Feel:  Its very thick and creamy. Its so creamy it's got that sheen on it. So right away I was impressed coz sheen = creamy = miracle in my hair. Right?Oh the fallacy of the product junkie.
 
Smell: Smell wise I wasn't too pleased. I was expecting more honeysuckle and less rose but it definately smells like they poured a ton of rose water into it. You get used to it but the initial smell wasn't what I expected.

 
How does it go on my hair?
I've tried using this conditioner on dry hair and on wet hair. I'd say (for me) on dry hair works best. If you're not using a steamer or dryer, I'd say the best way to use this is overnight. If you have a heat aid, 20/30 mins with a shower cap (if using dryer) should do the trick.
It might be because it's so creamy or because my hair porosity is low but the conditioner just sits on my hair for a long time. *shrug*

How my hair feels
If I apply on dry hair then wash... my hair is very soft and easy to detangle.
On wet hair not much happens. I just have a longer wash day.


Verdict
I was expecting a miracle and got a very good product. The smell will keep me from buying it again.
However, smell aside it did deliver on its promise. Do I think it helped me get over my protein setback? Yes. I think it helped a lot. But will I make this part of my regular regimen? A resounding no. But if I ever have a protein set-back. I know what to reach for.


What about you? Have you used aubrey organics honeysuckle rose conditioner? What do you think?

You can get Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose at the aubreyorganics website or on my favorite place to shop... Amazon!! Link below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Manetabolism Vitamins

Curlformers – Of curls and things

Product Review: Hercules Sagemann Seamless Tooth Comb